SQL – Structured Query Language enables you to work with a database to access and manage data in Relational Data Base Management System (RDBMS). SQL is domain-specific and structured language useful on different entities or data or variables related to each other.
SQL developed in 1970’s by Raymon F. Boyce and Donald D. Chamberlin and is standardize by ANSI(American National Standard Institute) in 1986 than by ISO in 1987. SQL consist different element to achieve query classed in to four major elements.
- Data Query Language: DQL command used to fectch data from table.
- Data Manipulation Language:DML command used to manipulate.alter data that stored in tables
- Data Definition Language: DDL command used to change the structure of the table permanently with following commands.
- Data Control Language: DCL command used to give permission or revoke access to datbase user.
Though SQL is a standard there are many different database language exist but support all major operation of SQL.
This SQL tutorial take you through the basic syntax to the advance level. To perform your queries you need a database management system such as MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft Access, etc or any free hosting service which give you control over data base or you need to by hosting to practice.
- SQL-Select and Select Distinct
- SQL-Where, And, Or, Not
- SQL-Select Top
- SQL-Minimum and Maximum
- SQL-Group By
- SQL-Any, All And MORE
- SQL-Create Database
- SQL-Drop Database
- SQL-Create Table
- SQL-Drop Table
- SQL-Alter Table
- SQL-Not Null
- SQL-Primary Key
- SQL-Foreign Key
- SQL-Auto Increment
Many examples and interview question related to SQL will be introduced soon after completing above basics.
Don’t forget to share and subscribe. Come back to learn newly added tutorials.
Good Luck! Happy Learning.